SAT 8 JUN - Open The Gate 10th Anniversary Festival
12 midday - 1am - FREE ENTRY
Join us as we celebrate the 10th Anniversary of our cultural organisation Open The Gate!
Expect a 13 hours FREE Festival packed up with:
- LIVE MUSIC on stage:
The most talented African & Diaspora artists on our roster, both established and upcoming, that we have had the privilege to support since 2009,
- The African Market:
A selection of designers and makers who strive in ethical and sustainable practices, bringing you unique fashion, accessories, homeware, natural beauty products, books and art
- Family & Children Workshops:
Learn drumming and dancing on traditional and new rhythms, arts & crafts to bring home, or get your face painted as a wild animal,
- African street food:
Homemade traditional Nigerian cuisine with a modern twist
- Massage therapy and wellness,
- And lots of treats and surprises all day long!
Open The Gate 10th Anniversary Festival is a homage to YOU
the community of fans & followers, creative minds and volunteers who have supported our project and activities since 2009.
12:00 - 14:00 DRUMSONG Workshop
14:00 Pumpkin Jigsaw (Samba) from the street to the dancefloor
14:30 Siemy Di (Congo/Brazil) drumkit virtuoso
15:15 Seddik Zebiri - (Algeria) mandola solo
16:00 ESE & The Vooduu People (Nigeria/London) electric soul
17:00 Luzmira Zerpa (Venezuela) - brand new project!
18:00 Dubhouse Band feat Samurai, Grace & Diletta, TiBiO
19:30 Simo Lagnawi & Gnawa London (Morocco)
20:00 Tribute to Maestro Baba Adesose Wallace
20:30 Aar Maanta (Somaila)
22:00 Abdoulaye Samb Minnjiaraby (Senegal)
23:30 Kodjovi Kush & Afrospot All Stars (Togo)
Hosted by Usifu Jalloh The Cowfoot Prince
DJs: Open The Gate Sound, Debbie Golt, Jamie Renton, Cello, Angus Taylor, Motorino, more TBC
Plan your visit:
- The event is indoors, and starts at 12noon and closes at 1am.
- It is free entry all along and all workshops are free to take part in.
- It's highly recommended to come early, as children activities run 12-4pm; and whilst food hasn't run out yet!
- The venue is accessible by wheelchair users and there will be a dedicated space to park your pushchair.
Why you should attend:
- It's a one-of-a-kind event in London, with a very inclusive and festive atmosphere
- It's the perfect place to meet new people and network as we create a platform for amateurs and professionals alike to connect around African and diaspora cultures, arts, music and designers-makers
- It's only once a year!
An unmissable fabulous 13 hours non-stop festival... FREE ENTRY all day long from midday to midnight!
To get involved or book a stall, please email us at: [email protected]
Other Events By These Artists
Content Related To These Artists
London Gig Guide (June 2019)
At times, we are the first to lose track of how many exciting music events happen in London each month, so we have decided to offer you some sort of “public musical service”, meant for all the locals and passers-by, with the aim of suggesting where to listen to some…
, Afrikan Boy
, Ayanna Witter-Johnson
, Carleen Anderson
, Dj Khalab
, Isaac Birituro
, Isaac Birituro & The Rail Abandon
, Judi Jackson
, Killah Priest
, Kodjovi Kush & Afrospot Orchesta
, Nicola Cruz
, Reginald Omas Mamode lV
, Simo Lagnawi
, Tenesha The Wordsmith
, Terri Walker
, The Rolling Shakers
, Yolanda Brown