This Corona stuff really sucks ey! Since we might all be bound by borders for a while, we’d like to come together and share some happiness in the shape of a playlist or mix!
In the next days and weeks, check out Safe & Sounds, where we will figuratively introduce you to and put you in touch with music whizzes, featuring their selections, collections and picks from all around the globe.
Be “Safe & Sounds” and wash your hands!
This mix is a turbulent sonic exercise taking the listeners through the ebb and flow of sounds from Bahrain to Morocco while weaving aural voyages through the mountains and valleys of the SWANA. The sounds and stories are a reflection of the temporalities encapsulated within the mix.
– Majaz – Paranormal
– Cheb – Reklam
– The Submarine Chronicles – Solar Returns
– Two or the Dragon – Prelude for the Triumphant Man (Pt. 2)
– Liliane Chlela – 2020
– Naissam Jalal and the Rhythms of Resistance – Buleria Sarkhat Al Ard
– SAMA’ – Electrosteen – 08 7ajee – حَجِّه
– Kinematik – Al-Qulub Al-Mughallafa Bet-Turab La Tankaser
– Bedouin Burger – Taht El-Wared
– Guedra Guedra – Archetype
– Kamilya Jubran and Werner Hassler – Waqt
– J!n – Cherry Blossom
– MSYLMA – Dhil un Taht Shajaret Al Zaqqum
Christina Hazboun is a sonic agent, surfing soundwaves in search of ear-gasms. She is an explorer of music in space, time and society, while instigating musical mischief.