Voy Pa’ Allá is our album of the week, delicious marimba music from the Colombian Pacific coast, not just made by a band but by a cultural institution: Semblanzas del Río Guapi. Out on Llorona Records.
Radio Mukambo also serves afrobeat from Lagos (Nigeria) and Bahia (Brazil), musical patchworks by Jaguar (Colombia) and Orchestra of Samples (Addictive TV) and the astounding encounter between DJ Khalab from Italy with Malian musicians from the M’berra Refugee Camp in southeast Mauritania.
We finish off the podcast with some hiphop beats and even drum-‘n-bass to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Chinese Man Records (France).
You can support Radio Mukambo via www.mukambo.be/support
Album of the week: Semblanzas del Río Guapi – Voy Pa’ Allá
- Semblanzas del Río Guapi – Voy Pa Allá
- The Voice of Lajorun – Omo Ayé
- Okwei Odili & Aweto Band – Tinini Tanana
- Semblanzas del Río Guapi – Bogando
- Jaguar – Siguele El Paso
- Semblanzas del Río Guapi – Yopo Nopo
- Addictive TV – Return of Django
- KING KONG – Champetaman a kill dem
- Rumble feat. Blackout Ja – U Can’t Hide
- Khalab & M’berra Ensemble – The Western Guys
- Supachill feat. Mary May & Nuffsaid – Hasta Siempre
- Rumble feat. Rhyme Time – Duality
- BRK & Speaker Louis – Light Shadow
- Khalab & M’berra Ensemble – Docu-fiction
– Listen in to all of Radio Mukambo previous episodes HERE –