This week The Selenites Band takes us Behind the Mask to discover their original compositions where Ethiopian music of “Swinging Addis” encounter kraütrock, psychedelic music and afro-jazz, made in France.
We also discover more tracks from the second Global Afrobeat Movement compilation, out on NYP Records, including He K Tombe from Mexico, Haitch (Nigeria) & Rhabdomantic Orchestra (Italy) & a Makala remix of a Fela Kuti classic.
The second part of the podcast takes us into global bass with Nihiloxica (Uganda), K’boko (Brazil), IKOQWE (Angola/Portugal) & Spoek Mathambo (South Africa).
You can download Radio Mukambo on www.radiopanik.org/emissions/radio-mukambo/
Album of the week: The Selenites Band – Behind The Mask
- The Selenites Band – Helen’s Dance in the Sky
- Azmari – Cosmic Masadāni
- He K Tombe – Salamandra
- The Selenites Band – Mysticals Scratches
- Protassov feat. Bajka – I Wonder
- Haitch & Rhabdomantic Orchestra – Wonder Us (Renegades of Jazz remix)
- Makala – O.D.O.O. (F.E.L.A. Tribute Rework)
- K’boko – Byribah
- Nihiloxica – Gunjula
- IKOQWE feat. Spoek Mathambo – Falta Muito?
- Nihiloxica – Bwola (BFTTâ€™s Swamped Edit)
- K’boko – Zulu
– Listen in to all of Radio Mukambo previous episodes HERE –
There are no commentsAdd yours