Thanks to the cool people at Taco!, the Thamesmead-based artist-led organisation, we are finally back “on air”!
After a few months of radio silence, we are indeed pretty excited about our new monthly residency at one of the most vibrant community-led stations in London, RTM.FM, and to introduce you to the very first episode of our brand-new show.
Rhythm Passport Presents… is our way to get you acquainted with and let you enjoy some of the most quality fresh-from-the-oven releases from all over the world-music world.
So, follow us in our one-hour-long round-the-world music journey, from China to Argentina, Saigon twist to Ecuadorian rockola and everything in between. An hour of global beats and far-reaching sounds.
- intro – Joe Driscoll & Seckou Keita – Passport [from Monistic Theory; Cumbancha]
- Phuong Tam – Nhịp Đàn Vui (A Merry Tune) [from Magical Nights – Saigon Surf Twist & Soul (1964-1966); Sublime Frequencies]
- Puman – Bulang Beauty (L’Entourloop Remix) [from Bulang Beauty; X-Ray Production]
- Shay Hazan – Afrobeatz [from Afrobeatz; Batov Records]
- Imarhan – Achinkad [from Aboogi; City Slang]
- Sound of Mint – Sudani Bambara (Nomagik & Samir Langus Remix) [from Sudani Bambara Remix; Alt Orient]
- Pongo – Wegue Wegue [from Wegue Wegue]
- Jally Kebba Susso – Zara [from Zara; Mawimbi Records]
- Ibibio Sound Machine – Electricity [from Electricity; Merge Records]
- Black Flower – O Fogo [from Magma; Zephyrus Records]
- El Buho – Los Glaciares [from Natura Sonora; Shika Shika]
- Lagartijeando – La Cumbia de la Muerte [from La Tercera Vision; Wonderwheel Recordings]
- GUANACO feat. Emicida – Cholonización [from Cholonización; Fat Flow Music]
- Combo Chimbita – Babalawo [from Babalawo; Anti- Records]
- Nilotika Cultural Ensemble – Tuula [from Tuula; Switchstance Recordings]
Photo ©: Anna Shvets
– Listen in to all of Rhythm Passport Presents… previous episodes HERE –