Gaspar Z’Africa is the greatest rapper you’ve never heard of! The adept of hip-hop culture from São Paulo went on field trips to the north and northeast in search of Brazilian beats to produce a rap album soaked in the rhythms of the country’s African and indigenous roots. “Hip-Hop Caboclo, Em Busca das Batidas Brasileiras” is album of the week on Radio Mukambo.
We listen to new afrobeat by A’mosi Just a Label (Angola) and Muito Kaballa Power Ensemble (Germany), Touareg rock by Dag Tenere and some heavy dub music by Zion Train (UK) and Zenzile x Irie Ites x Trinity (Jamaica/France).
We also listen to some Latin beats by Bagunço, Cumbiasound, La Dame Blanche x Amanda Magalhães and Alex Figueira.
You can support Radio Mukambo via www.mukambo.be/support
Album of the week: Gaspar Z’África – Hip-Hop Caboclo
- Gaspar Z’África – Kolofé
- A’mosi Just a Label – Muntu
- Muito Kaballa Power Ensemble – Don’t Go Too Far
- Dag Tenere – Tihoussay Tenere
- Gaspar Z’África feat. Dona Onete & Mestre Zampa – Barro Alto
- Zenzile x Irie Ites x Trinity – Can’t blame the youth Discomix
- Zion Train – Thomas Sankara Dub
- Bagunço – Catagnomo (Infared Remix)
- Cumbiasound – O.V.N.I
- Gaspar Z’África feat. Tambores do Mundo – Tambor da Justiça
- Bagunço – Catagnomo (Mista Monk Remix)
- La Dame Blanche feat. Amanda Magalhães – Mata Sede
- Gaspar Z’África – Ogum Insano
- Alex Figueira – Maracas
– Listen in to all of Radio Mukambo previous episodes HERE –