One of them, one of the most inspired and vivid ones, is Aguamadera, a project founded in 2015 by Argentinian Maria Cabral and Marco Grancelli re-discovering, making its own and re-interpreting the kaleidoscopic soul of Latin American folklore.
From Argentinian chacarera to Venezuelan joropo, and from Peruvian huayno to Brazilian bossa nova, the duo, which has now grown into a quartet and moved to France, travels far and wide across the Continent’s musical expression to create its own original sound.
…and it’s from that original and wide-ranging sound that our interview and Rebel Passport episode with Maria and Marco kicked off to eventually cover their inspirations, careers and French life…
- Aguamadera – La Algarrobera (feat. Pablo Cruz)
- Aguamadera – El Gallo Maurice
- Aguamadera – Raíz (feat. Raly Barrionuevo)
- Aguamadera – Mi Canción
- Duo Ruut – Liisa Pehmes Süles
- Pascuala Ilabaca y Fauna – Diablo Rojo Diablo Verde
- Aguamadera – Cuentapesares
- Aguamadera – Huayno de Sal
– Listen in to all of Rebel Passport previous episodes HERE –