Bet you’ll hardly meet a more intriguing and original character than Edna Martinez. The Colombian artist and DJ grew up living and breathing Afro-Colombian and tropical sounds adding Arabic and Middle Eastern tunes to the mix. She eventually moved to Berlin, where today lives and runs a renowned series named LatinArab that is enriching and allowing Berliners the opportunity to dance, as she did with us a few weeks ago at Tropical Pressure festival.
We met Edna again during one of her London visits and couldn’t help but invite her to SOAS Radio to have a chat about her Colombian roots, her music influences and being a female DJ. Then, she surprised us with an impromptu set.
Enjoy the September episode of Rhythm Passport on Air, and if you end up in Berlin, you already know who will get you dancing…
1. Irene Martinez – Rosa
2. Los Corraleros de Majagual – Cumbia Campesina
3. Aníbal Velásquez – Cumbia del Sombreron
4. Conjunto Típico Contreras – Capricho Egipcio
5. Los Reyes 73 – Un Lamento Hecho Canción
6. Michi Sarmiento y su Combo Bravo – A Los Sicodelicos
7. Raymond Cicault et son Orchestre Volcan – À Mon Ami Lucien Jolibois
8. Tania de Venezuela – Ola de la Mar
9. Kalala Mbwebwe & Orchestra Super Sound – Fantaar
10. Orchestre Supremes Kombemba – M’Pougdba
11. Kassav’ – Zouk La Sé Sèl Mèdikaman Nou Ni
There are no commentsAdd yours